The Politics of Ferguson


You may not like politics, but it’s still going to affect every aspect of your life, so get involved.
The Politics of Ferguson MO:
I am sure that you have seen some of the images coming out of this community. Of street protesters protesting excessive police use of force, confronted by excessive police use of force, armoured trucks, active snipers and a militarized police force equipped well enough to take over a small country. How did this community end up so divided? Why is there such a racial division between the population and the administration? The answer below..

ferg
When the story first broke, and the racial demographics came out, the first question I asked was “What’s the voting demographic” as you can see, it’s a case of people not being involved in their politics that has led to this situation. If people were a little more responsible in accepting they have an obligation to their community and voting is how to exercise that responsibility, they can stop this disparity. Ferguson has a 12% – 17% average turnout. (Ferguson: Low voter turnout and high racial tensions by Brian Dickerson) 12% of the local population is deciding what the other 88% are entitled to, and the 88% wonder why they are getting shafted?

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s